Monday, March 29, 2010

The Biggest Loser


Zachary and I have just recently started a competition between the two of us... and it's quite a SHOCKER! Who can lose more weight?! I am always up for a challenge, and I hate losing, so I'm hoping this will help me get my butt in shape! (LITERALLY!) lol. I did the dreaded seasonal bathing suit shopping last Saturday and lets just say it wasn't pretty! I hadn't bought a new one since July '06 - seriously. None of the ones I had fit/looked the least bit appropriate so needless to say it's time to shed a pound or 25 (one of his family members is going to give us a monetary prize if we succeed lose 25)!
On a more positive note - I started training for a 5k last March, but severely sprained my ankle and lost all motivation to keep running/dieting after that - but while I was training I was keeping track of my food in a food journal online. I signed in yesterday to start doing it again and much to my surprise, after entering my weight, they congratulated me for being down 2.7lbs from my last weigh in! What?! Woooo hoo for not gaining anything in the past year (I'm down 12lbs from when I started last year)! I guess that's better than being the other way around!
Z promised to do this with me after he pigged out on his cruise so here we are - ready to get started! We are both supporting one another and we are hoping to change our eating habits around as much as possible. I'm not saying I'm cutting all junk out ALL the time, but definitely cutting back and making healthier/wiser decisions. We have joined a co-ed softball team together and we will be playing every Tuesday night! I'm so excited and hope he keeps me on track, while I do the same for him! Wish us both luck - we'll need it!!


-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment