Friday, April 16, 2010

Our Lucky Week!

Zach and I had one crazy lucky week recently! When Zach's mom came into town Easter weekend we all went to the greyhoud track to watch the dogs race... Zach won about 10$ betting 5$ here and there, but before we left I decided I wanted to buy a scratch off lottery ticket. I went to the machine, put in 2$, and won 20$!!!


Anyway, we were shopping at Publix that next week and I remembered I had that lottery ticket I needed to cash so I went and bought the SAME kind of ticket for 2$ and Zach bought the same one for another 2$... We got to the car and quickly scratched them off. I excitedly said "I won 4$!" thinking that Z was the loser, but then he excitedly exclaimed "I won 50$!!!" I was like NO way, but he wasn't lying... So after spending 6$ dollars we came home with a grand total of 74$!
Our luck does NOT end there... at our first Ray's game later that week they were doing a promotion that if Evan Longoria (Ray's 3rd basemen who is on the cover of the new video game MLB 2K10) hit a homerun to section 149 then those people would get a copy of the game (which retails for 60$+). Well, during the 8th inning BAM Longoria hits a homerun to our section, our row (even though Z had talked to an usher and got us WAY closer). .. and we hear "All people in section 149, row T may go to Customer Service and claim their copy of 2k10..." We check our tickets and realize oh my gosh THAT'S US!! So we now have two copies of the game! Holy moly!!! I'm planning on selling mine on Ebay for about 50$!
Calling everyone he knows about our luck!

It was quite the week... Yay for us!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment