Saturday, September 4, 2010

Losing a Unit

Yesterday while my students were at Art I was going to make a few copies and was stopped by my principal to join her for a chat in her office. Uh oh! What the heck did I do this time?! lol. I wasn't really nervous because I knew I hadn't done anything wrong in my first 9 days of teaching, but I went in with her and she shut the door... After the 5 day count the county looks at the numbers and sees which schools have too many teachers, or too few. We ended up having FOUR too many because our numbers were so low. She was able to "buy" back 3 of those units, but had to let the last one go. Which is me. I was the last permanent, not temporary, employee hired. This means that if Tuesday at 3pm rolls around and no one volunteers to go.. I have to leave my students/school and go into a pool. I am guranteed a position somewhere, but it could end up being a lot further... or closer to home - just depending on what's left at the bottom of the barrel. The pool is also by hire date so being that I wasn't processed until August 2 and school planning started the 17th.. I'm pretty low! :( She was very kind and sympathetic towards me and said she'd help me along the way when the pool schools are shown and what not. So who knows what will happen, but that is where I'm at! The thought of having to take down my classroom and make a new one is overwhelming, but if it comes to that I will do what I have to do!

-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Everything happens for a reason my love. We will get you settled where ever it is where you need to be =) I got you!!

    Keep your head up, and remember that I love you!

    ReplyDelete