Sunday, February 27, 2011

Couch Potato... to 5k!

Well, I FINISHED all 3.1 miles without dying so I would say that it was a success! It ended up being SUPER hot when the clouds went away... 84 or so! :) My goal was 45mins.. I finished in 43. I never said I was a running super star, but I did increase my time of almost 3 miles in 47 minutes when I first started... and that's all I really wanted to do! My 5X (or more!?) marathon running bff idol Heather was there for support and met me at the finish line all smiles! Zach chose to sleep in and not go to the "community jog", but I guess he is forgiven! ;) hehe. I actually had a lot of fun and would do one again in the future! I ended up running a lot more than walking which was another one of my goals... I hadn't "trained" in over a week due to our trip to Louisiana and such, but I'm happy with the way the morning went! Anyway.. here are so race day pics!

Heather and I before...

I was too fast to catch... haha!

Thirsty much!?

My first medal!

Shoutyyyyy: Congrats to Heather for finishing the half marathon in the Top 25 Females... and to my other bff Brittany for finishing her first 1/2 Marathon ever - and not stopping! WOW! Love you guys!


-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment