Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scalloping!

I promised myself that over the summer I would totally keep up with blogging because I wouldn't be so consumed with work, but I totally failed that task! I can't believe in just 4 days I will be back at work! I have gone in a few days this week to get started on my classroom... it's so crazy!

Anyway, I thought I'd go through my phone and document the fun times that I had during my summer vaca in June, July, and August! I thought I'd begin with our trip to Homosassa Springs when we went scalloping!


My bff Brittany and her fiance Kyle called us early in the summer asking us if we were interested in renting a boat and going out scalloping with them and Chad (Kyle's brother). I don't eat shellfish, but it sounded fun and we both agreed we wanted to participate. Well, the time finally came and we left Friday afternon to go to Kyle's grandparent's condo. We did some super shopping at Wal-Mart that night and while the boys grilled by the pool, Britt and I cooked sides in the condo. We met them for dinner by the pool and had delicious burgers and drinks while the boys "played" in the water.

The next morning we had to get up and get ready early to drive to the marina to rent the boat, we had it from 8-5! The day was perfect - not a cloud in the sky... and I was an instand pro at finding those bad boys in the water. All of us together ended up getting about 100 to feast on that evening. We were exhausted and salty when we got home, but after showers B and I headed back to Wal-Mart to get ingredients for our chicken dinner and a banana cream pie poke cake dessert that I wanted to make. Our feast was fit for a king (and queen!). Fun experience with our favorite engaged couple! :)

B and I ready to go!
Excited about another find!
Our Saturday night meal!
The boys of the trip!



Can't wait to do it again next summer!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment