Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Running Buddies!

It's that time of the year again... time to train for the Gasparilla 5k race that is the first week of March this year! This year I decided to download the app C25k (Couch to 5k) and in 8 weeks I should be able to run without stopping by running different lengths of time just 3 times a week! It works out perfectly and I love the app because it tells me when to walk, when to run, and beeps at appropriate times. I also use iMapMyRun to keep up with my stats for the week. This time I have someone to motivate me to keep with it and it's oh so exciting! Allie, my brother-in-law John's fiancee, decided to do it with me! Each day that we run we text each other some sort of picture when we finish and give props on completing another day to the finisher! I love my running buddy! I of course have to give a shout-out to my bff/role model Kara Goucher... I mean HEATHER! :) She is the inspiration for signing up!


Anyway, today I completed Week 3, Day 1 so I'm caught back up with Allie! :) It's gets harder each week, but I'm looking forward to the challenge!
This is a picture Allie sent me... KEEP IT UP AL!

This is right after I finished the C25k today... I usually end up going further on the trail then the minutes asked... hence the green dot! This is from some other day, but I love how it saves your stats. I have definitely improved already... especially when it comes to my pace! :)
-Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment