Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chicken Bones + Dogs = DISASTER.

Zach came home after class yesterday to a house full of trash... It happened all the time in Oklahoma, but since we've moved into the apartment it has only happened once since our trash is now locked away in the laundry room. Well, Zach's grandma threw something away yesterday afternoon and accidently left the door open. When we got home, besides the mess, everything seemed fine. I took the dogs out at 5:30, they did their business, and then I left for Monday night TV with the girls while Z had training for his NEW! job....

Anyway, I returned home at about 9:30 and Z had just got home too. Kahlua wasn't there to greet me (strange), but I did find a huuuuge puddle of pee on the bed. It was gross and really weird and just a big mess! Lua was under the bed acting really unlike herself. Zach pulled her out and noticed her belly was a little wet like had laid in the spot of pee. I took her and Lace out again and Lua had really soft stool. After I brought them back into the house we could tell she was sick or stressed out about something (we took her to the vet earlier in the day so we thought maybe that made her upset). After thinking about it for awhile though I rememebered we had Boston Market for lunch on Saturday and the bones that were once in the garbage were no where to be found... except for 10 minutes later when she vomitted them up! Yikes. She had muscle tremors and couldn't sit still, but wouldn't get up either. We called our vet and then Zach made a B line to the 24 Hour Animal Hospital with her...

My poor baby ended up getting shots for nausea, fluids, and a strong sedative. We weren't trying to dish out $1,000 for just an x-ray and an overnight stay... so we did what we could and even though she didn't move her whole night in the crate *scary!* I'm happy to say she seems to be doing better. I came home from work early today to take care of her while Z was in class and she happily greeted me and we went on a short walk. We were instructed by our normal vet to give her 1tbsp. of rice every 2-3 hours. She quickly ate that when I gave it to her, but has slept most of the day. I'm hoping she will only get better as the night goes on! She really gave us quite the scare.

Chicken Bones are the DEVIL!

Sleeping the day away..

Love you Lua! Feel better SOON!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment