Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Circus!

Thursday I ended up staying at work until 5:30... then I had to make a pit stop at Staples... and I finally made it home a little after 6. I was exhausted from my almost 12 hour day, but told Z I was jealous my bff Britt was going to the circus with her bf and we weren't going (he had asked earlier in the week if I was interested and I said yes... although he swears I said no)! He quickly told me to get ready and lets go. I had zero time for a shower, but I did brush my hair and change my outfit. When we got there we realized tickets in the lower area were sold out, so we had to get "best available". Sounds nice, right? NOT! We were literally sitting in the LAST row in the WHOLE arena. I actually was feeling kind of sick walking up there and looking down at what was going on way, way, WAY below! I decided I'd call Britt and see where her and K were sitting. She had gotten free tickets from a doctor at the hospital she is a nurse at. She was all peppy saying they had great seats, and also told me that the dr. had given her friend 3 tickets, but she was not going to come so the seats next to her were empty. I immediately told Z we were moving on up... but I guess we were really moving on down! ;) We lucked out big time and ended up being in the bottom section of seats in row V! They were 100 times better and I was so thankful we were able to crash their date! :)

It was my first time at a "big time" circus and I enjoyed it for the most part. My heart always breaks a little for the animals and I can only hope they treat them nicely when training them... We brought the camera and played around with it... here are some random shots!


Tomorrow, Monday, I have my first official observation of the year done by my principal. Every week I have someone observing or watching me during a lesson or two, but it's usually just my mentor. For some reason the principal makes me more nervous than anyone that has been in... whether it be someone high up from the county or whatever. I hope it goes well.... we have Art at 9:30 so that is the latest she can stay! lol. I'm thankful it will be over early in the morning.. Wish me luck! Eek!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment