Sunday, January 16, 2011

SeaWorld 2011

Every year Anhueser-Busch *spelling is probably wayyyy off* amusement parks do a salute to military members/family. They allow one free visit to one of their parks once a year for the person in the service and up to 4 direct family members! We have taken advantage of this deal for the past few years and did so yesterday at SeaWorld Orlando (I actually just learned as a teacher in FL I get a free annual pass for "research".. crazy)! We left yesterday morning, hit up the park until it closed, went to dinner, and then stayed the night in a 4 star hotel (thanks to Hotwire!). Also, thanks to MLK, we had a long weekend and decided to get away for a good 24 hours! It was so much fun riding the rides, watching shows, seeing the animals, and just spending time together - just the two of us! My loving parents watched the pups on very short notice so we definitely appreciated that (another thanks!). We took the camera and got some great shots! Dolphins have always been my favorite animal and I had so much fun feeding/petting them at Dolphin Cove and then I got to "pet" super slimy stingrays, but didn't pay to feed them.

Zach and I hadn't been to the park together in awhile... so since the last time he had gone they had built a new roller coaster called Manta. It's INSANE! I had been once before so I was super excited to see/hear his reaction while on the ride. As you walk onto the coaster it seems like any other one with dangling feet... but as you pull the harness down over you it locks your feet in too. Once everyone has buckled in the dude in charge pushes a button and you start to feel yourself move in the seat. You end up laying down, but with your face looking at the ground. If something breaks and your harness opens... you would fly face first to the ground! Scary thought, huh? lol. The purpose is that you get to experience what it feels like for the manta ray stingray to flow through the water. Zach was impressed, but said he'd never ride again *ya right!*. Our picture was hilarious!!! His mouth was wide open and my hair was blowing in my face, but you could tell I was screaming. If you ever get a chance to ride it... DO IT! At least in the line they have aquariums with really neat fish to look at so it's not too boring. Lucky for us there wasn't a lot of people at the park so we got on pretty quick! Such a great time!

The penguins!
Some bird...

Manta... getting splashed while laying on your stomach and flying, twisting, turning through the air! eeek.
Shamu!
Another orca.
About to watch the seal/sea lion show!

Touching a super slimy stingray! Yucky! haha
Dippin Dots?! Mmm
Love of my Life!
Waiting to feed the dolphins..
Dolphins are my FAV animal EVER!

Anyway, I can't wait until our next "mini getaway!".. hopefully it will be sooner than later! :)

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment