Saturday, January 8, 2011

Couch Potato... to 5k!?

Last night I went out for a yogurt date with 3 amazing girls! Two of them were runners. Two of us were NOT! H is my bff marathon runner and B is my bff training to be a 1/2 marathon runner. I'm just a bump on a log! lol. Somehow the topic of me and running and a 5k came up and two excited girls were grinning and asking me for my debit card so they could sign me up. Needless to say, I will be "running/WALKING" in a local race in SEVEN weeks!

Anyway, I don't do New Years Resolutions, but I am going to say my goal is to finish the 5k by running and walking... with definitely more running! It would be pretty cool to run the whole way, but as I told H - I just don't feel like my body is fit to run. Running long distances is torture to me, but she wasn't having it! She told me she could barely run a mile when she started and now she's running 26.2. Then B told me something similar... At least I have some inspiration and motivation. I told them they'd have to be harsh with me, or I'd probably not get anything done due to me being overly lazy/tired most week days! Siigh.

I started this post Saturday and I'm proud to say it's Sunday and I got through my first run! I ran/walked for a total of 3 miles. Although it wasn't easy and at times I thought I was going to pop a lung.. it felt good to know I can finish the task and it's only week 1/7! It took me over 47 minutes though, which is pretty crappy, but I can only get better so it's a good starting point! Here's hoping I keep this up and do my best on Feb 26!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment