Friday, April 13, 2012

The Real McCoy!

Yesterday during a Shared Reading lesson we read an article about Elijah McCoy... Who just so happens to be the "Real McCoy". Anyway, my students learned that he invented a device that oiled locomotives automatically, so that they wouldn't have to stop and do it by hand... Which sometimes lead to stalling. What is stalling you ask? That's when something stops, usually unintentionally, which some manual cars still do today. Well, apparently one of my students has an uncle whose car has that same problem! It starts to beep after so long on the road and he has to pull over, type in a number, and breathe into a device.. Probably like the device made by Mr. McCoy!! I then had another student chime in that his car must be pretty cool to have such a neat security system. Yep! I totally agree... But I don't think I want one of those devices!! Hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment