Monday, August 2, 2010

Beach Days

Zach and I had a GREAT mini-vacation in Longboat Key! We arrived on Saturday afternoon and headed down to the beach. The ocean water was warm and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! We laid out for a bit, swam in the ocean and the pool, and went to the grocery store/liquor store to pick up the necessities! We made it back in time to watch the Ray's game and eat a yummy steak and potato dinner made by my dad. We ended up going to Joe's Eats and Sweets on the island next to ours and got some ice cream and fudge! It was super yummy and so fun to have Z experience the traditions my family has had for years! Joe's has food, ice cream, fudge, yogurt, shaved ice, chocolate covered marshmellows/twinkies/everything and it's a big wooden building on stilts... Yum!

Sunday we decided we'd get up and go either jet skiing or parasailing in the gulf. We drove around and checked prices and the place we thought we might go suggested we come back around 3 when the tide would be at the highest if we wanted to jet ski. We left there and drove back to the condos and walked to the Hilton up the beach for lunch. After that we did the gulf/pool swim and eventually it was time to go back to rent the jet ski. We had so much fun riding around for an hour and twenty minutes and got some great sun... and even a picture! lol. By the time we got home it was almost 5 so we showered and got ready for dinner! Dad cooked a fake Thanksgiving meal - rotisserie chicken, green beans, stuffing, and mashed potatoes... mmm! We cleaned up and headed to the beach to watch the sun set and take some fun pictures. Unfortunately my camera was acting up and then it was dropped in the sand so it's even more screwed up, but I'll get around to posting what we got when I get home and find my cord! :) It wasn't the nicest night for a sunset due to clouds, but we still had a good time!

Monday morning, today, Z got up and left around 11 and I spent most of the afternoon on the beach. I look like a raccoon from my sunglasses and have a nice red tint, but it will turn to tan soon! :) I planned on staying until tomorrow afternoon, but I got a call around 4 that my packet is ready and I can go downtown to process tomorrow morning so I'm leaving after dinner... sadly! But we will be back in a week for Z to go on a boy's fishing trip with my dad and brother! :)

Now on for some "phone" pics!

My view allll day today! :)
The sunset Sunday night!
Actually on the jet ski and riding!!
Fun times for everyone!

Thanks mom and dad for letting us stay for the weekend - we really enjoyed ourselves!! Enjoy the rest of your stay!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment