Sunday, November 28, 2010

Zachary: Egg Collector

Zach and I spent 3 days in SmallTown, FL, USA visiting my family that I had not seen since my wedding for the Thanksgiving holiday. Zach had only met this particular group of aunts/uncles/cousins/etc. at the wedding, which meant he only really remembered a few! I think he was a little nervous as to what to expect, but it ended up being such a great time for both of us! :) The house we stayed at is on 2 acres, surrounded by woods, and even had a chicken coop. Once Zach heard this he was excited about the next morning....

The first morning he was dying to "go collect the eggs". They have one rooster and about 23 hens and 2/3 mornings we were there he was able to go and get them. What a fun time for him. lol.


Walking to the coop!

Opening the door..

Being the "Egg Collector

We spotted the rooster

This particular morning there was a hen on one of the nests so he only got 3. The next morning he got 9!Walking back.. proud of his collection!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!! I know we sure did and I'm so thankful for such a great holiday surrounded by loved ones! :) Zach is already making plans to go back sometime during Christmas break! :) One set of my cousins up there actually own a mountain home in Pigeon Forge so we're trying to plan a trip up there over a long weekend too! Nothing like a free vaca!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment