Sunday, January 24, 2010

Little Caesar's

Seven years ago today I met the love of my life in the craziest of ways. It was definitely fate! I was a junior in HS and it was a Friday night. I had SAT's in the morning and decided to make it a pizza/movie night with the girls so I was well rested (ha!). Anyway, that year the Tampa Bay Buccaneer's had made it to the Super Bowl for the first time ever. I had decked my car out in Bucs stuff... the window flags, shoe polish, the whole 9 yards! Extreme? Of course!! I love TB!

Anyway, I drove myself and two of my friends to Little Caesar's to get the 5$ hot and ready and that is when I saw a bunch of boys standing outside of their car in the parking lot. They had "GO RAIDERS" (the team that the Bucs were to play that following Sunday) stuff on their car. I was NOT pleased that they were cheering for them so I decided to voice my opinion and tell them how I felt. I rolled down my window, said a few words, and then drove off with my pizza.

It was only after we had reached my friend's house that I realized that those boys had followed us all the way home! I got back in my car, drove around the neighborhood trying to lose them, but it didn't work and I eventually went back to the house. We talked to the boys for a few minutes, I gave out my number, and then went inside. (I was wearing a beanie and Zach swears he told his friends "I want the one in the beanie!") Later that night when I went to leave I saw that they had tagged my car... who did those boys think they were?! I had a boyfriend at the time so I ignored Z as much as possible, but his persistance and sweetness lead me to fall for him and the rest is history! We started officially dating March 7, 2003. We got legally married in Kentucky on March 7, 2006.

And I love him now more than I ever thought possible!!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment