Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mini-Vaca in Naples

Last Saturday Z and I drove down to Naples to visit his grandmother for the weekend. I was all excited about walking on the beach and hanging out on a towel by the water, but it was FREEEEZING! This past week has been incredibly cold in the sunshine state and record lows have been set. It "sleeted" this morning here and it's just crazy-ness! It was my first trip to the beach in FOREVER though - much needed.

Anyway, back to our trip. I spent about 15 minutes down by the water before I decided to head back to her house. She only lives about 2 blocks away from the water - SO nice! On Sunday night we visited his cousins and had dinner with them. It was really nice to get to spend time with all of them. Hopefully we'll make it down there again in Feb/March!

My little seagull friend.

Freezing.. pretending to be happy again! Lol.

Didn't even try to go in flip-flops.
The view!

Another view...

-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. You went barefeet in the snowy NC mountains but you won't wear flip flops on the FL beaches!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete