Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ashley's Annual Abash

Every year the day after Christmas my parents drive to Louisiana and leave the "kids" home alone. At the age of 16 or so I decided that I would throw a party with some close friends, but I needed to name it. My bff Brittany and I found a dictionary and started looking at "A" words because I knew it had to be Ashley Annual something... well, I found the word Abash and thought it was close enough to sounding like some sort of shindig and it just stuck. It used to be themed, but the past few years we've dropped the theme. Past years included Pretty, Pretty Princesses, Shrek, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 50's Rock-n-Roll, etc. Haha. We'd go out and buy the cups, napkins, plates, and even invitations that we'd place in our friends mailboxes ourselves. I look forward to this event every year and this year was very relaxed and filled with friends, Apples to Apples, and Sangria! Zach was at a hockey game and the party had ended by the time he got home - LAME! lol. Most of my friends have real jobs so staying out later than 10 just isn't really an option, but I'm so thankful to those who did show up - some of them I hadn't seen like 7 months!

I received my teacher's license in the mail that afternoon and was totally excited!

Apples to Apples never gets old!They help me set up! Love you Britt and Lobe!
The whole group (minus Chris!) lol. Turned out pretty darn good actually! :)
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment