Sunday, September 13, 2009

Boomer Sooner!!

The forecast was absolutely accurate yesterday! Rain, rain, and more rain, but that didn't stop us from having a good time! We left the house around 2 and with the crazy weather we didn't make it to Norman until about 3:45ish. I was happy/surprised that there wasn't much traffic until we hit the campus. I was expecting delays on top of the rain, but it was pretty smooth sailing! We did stop at Wal-Mart to see about getting Z an orange poncho, but they didn't have any. When we were there I went to the bathroom and broke the seal because before we even made it to Norman I made him stop at a gas station so I could pee again! lol. TMI? :) Oh well!

When we got there we drove around trying to figure out where we should park. We weren't sure where the stadium was, but we found a house that was only 10$ so we decided to park there. After we got out of the car we just followed the crowds. We walked around and eventually made it into the stadium after walking through "fan fest". We found our seats and Z finally wasn't the only one in orange since we were sitting in the visitors section! lol. Since there was over an hour until game time we decided to walk around the stadium. I grabbed a pulled pork sandwich and went back to our seats to eat it. I had to use the foil to keep it covered because it was raining so hard. Who wants a soggy sandwich!? Zach was starting to get pretty wet when he overheard someone talking about them selling ponchos at the front entrance so he left to grab one for him and the people sitting right in front of us. About 30 minutes later he returned. He said the line was insane, which I'm sure it was. Lucky for me Z bought me one when he exchanged my white shirt earlier in the day! :)

The game was fun. OU won, of course, 64-0 or something crazy like that. Through the first half ISU had negative rushing yards! lol. Sadness. Zach just wanted ONE first down - and they actually gave him that so he was happy! lol. After the first quarter I was unable to take anymore pics because the rain was coming down so hard... but these are a few I did get!

Tailgating at home! lol.

ISU vs. OU! :)

No sun in sight!

Being silly in the car! I love my white zin. (just like my mom!) :)

So happy to be dry! lol.

I kept thinking of Oregon Trail...

The jumbo-tron was HUGE!
Wet!

Wetter!!

Wettest!!!

I'm currently watching the Bucs lose to the Cowboys 6-0, but hopefully we'll score soon! It's still the first quarter and I'm just happy I'm able to watch (and be DRY!!). Next week I won't be able to! :( DirecTV has every NFL game on today for free as a trial to their Sunday Ticket package. We pay to get every MLB game, but adding on NFL too would make our monthly payment incredibly high, unfortunately. Last year Zach got the NHL package, but since we'll be out of here in December that won't be necessary! (darn!) haha. He actually has Lightning season tickets and is SO excited about being able to go to the games starting in December!

Well, I have school stuff to work on. I can't believe tomorrow is already Monday! ICK! Have a nice week everyone!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment