Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pointless Post #2!

Last night South (Zach's UM friend) and Vander Molen (the "40 yr old virgin" - pshh) came over to watch the game. I made a dip as an appetizer and we had some chicken pasta.. and cupcakes for dessert, of course! It was fun having them over! As for the rest of the night... it was such a BUMMER!! Why do the 'Noles always have to break my little heart? The game was amazing though - both teams played really well! I definitely couldn't fall asleep.. I stayed up all night (well, until 11) and the game went back and forth, but it ended 38-34 with a UM win. We had a chance to score a TD in the last 90 seconds, but totally blew it... Booo!

Today, however, was a great day at school! I woke up SO sleepy, but had to get moving! I did my first full lesson and my mentor teacher had a lot of good things to say! It was such a relief after how bad that one day last week went! Her only complaint was that the lesson was too long... which meant they didn't have a lot of time to work on their independent practice worksheet. Oh ya, and I didn't have an activity to get them moving around - which lead to a few not paying attention at the very end. Tomorrow I have a fun game planned for the beginning of the lesson so that will help keep their attention - wooo!

The finished product of giant cupcake #3!
She'll pick it up from the jail tomorrow.. hope she likes it!!!

Only three more days of school this week - Yay for 4 days weeks! :)

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment