Saturday, September 12, 2009

There's About to be a SQUIRREL fight!

Okay... my puggle Kahlua isn't the brightest dog. She may be super cute (in my opinion) and oh so loveable, but sometimes I feel like she has rocks in her head instead of a brain! lol. (and yes, I think that way about some of my students too... hehe) Kahlua is always doing stupid things that make Z and I laugh! Well, yesterday after the kids were let go I finally got a chance to check my cell phone and noticed like ten missed calls from Zach. Sometimes he does this when there isn't really any reason, but I immediately called him back and didn't get an answer. When I got home I noticed Lua's crate by the door (usually it's in our bedroom), but she and Lacey happily greeted me and everything seemed normal. Zach was taking a nap so I woke him up and asked him why he felt the need to call me so many times and he said there had been an emergency! Kahlua had gotten in a fight with... A SQUIRREL! The squirrel either bit her or scratched her, but she was bleeding like crazy on her paw he said. I then noticed the deep scratch on the top of her paw... He had found the squirrel dead in the backyard and he said both dogs were guarding it like it was theirs. CRAZY! He said the squirrel wasn't bleeding or anything, but they must've somehow ganged up on it. Only Lua would have battle wounds though! lol. He was calling to see if he should take her to the vet, but he wrapped it and put neosporin on it and she seems to be okay now. My poor baby! When he told me this I couldn't help but laugh. It's not really that funny, but this would ONLY happen to her. Haha. Gosh that dog brings me so much joy/pain! :)

Anyway, the weather this morning has been blahhh! Usually I'd enjoy a rainy day, but it's GAME DAY! I bought a white shirt last night from Wal-Mart, but I think I'm going to go exchange it for a CRIMSON! one. I'm not trying to be in the wet t-shirt contest tonight - lol. I'm in college, but my crazy college days are over! ;)

I woke up craving some coffee and have been reading other blogs about the Pumpkin Spice Latte so I had Z take me to Starbucks and I tried it for my first time! It was soooo yummy!!!

"Tall PSL"
Have a nice weekend! I'm sure I'll blog about my first SOONER experience tomorrow!
-Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I am glad your dog is okay!!! It's rainy here today too. I am glad there is not a game today at A&M. Hope the rain stops where you live! I cant wait to try a Pumpkin Spice Latte...sounds soo good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha puggles are not the smartest dog, good to see he is ok though. Squirrels can be sneaky little buggers and are a bit territorial!

    ReplyDelete