Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pro Baker?!

When I took SFC Heizer his giant birthday cupcake a couple of weeks ago EVERYONE at the jail saw it... and everyone thought it was pretty cool/AMAZING! lol! Most people took it upon themselves to tell Z when their birthday was so I could make them one (ya right!). One lady in particular was serious ... Zach came home and said she offered to pay me to make one for her daughter's birthday! We both decided she should just pay for the supplies and we'd call it even! That's a lot of pressure on me to make it look and taste good, but it's my third one so I think I've got it down to an art! She wants pink icing and funfetti cake and needs it by Tuesday (thank goodness I have tomorrow off because it takes forever to finish the whole process). I need to go back to WalMart and get the candy melts, but we have everything else ready to go! See you tomorrow kitchen!!

The first one I did - Z's 25th bday cake!
(I used icing for the bottom - didn't look as cool as H's)

Wish me luck - I hope her daughter likes it!!

-Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Would you be interested in doing one for Luke's party too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! When is it? All I need to know is the color of frosting and the type of cake you'd want! ... Just let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its kinda funny that you wrote a post about this.. because, im SERIOUSLY considering opening a cupcake shop one day. No, but Im serious! I think Im going to start taking classes about ake decorating and everything! Ill let you know how that goes =)

    ReplyDelete