Saturday, September 5, 2009

How We Spent Our Friday Night....

Well, before I get to where we spent our Friday night I'd just like to say yesterday was a MUCH better day! I wasn't left alone for any significant amount of time - so that was nice! lol. It was, however, picture day! When I was watching the kids get their picture taken in my head I kept thinking of "Glamour Shots by Deb" from Napoleon Dynamite! HAHA. The lady reminded me of the girl from the movie the way she was like "okay now move your chin up a little bit... tilt your head more this way...ya, that looks real nice!" etc. It took a lot to start cracking up. I got home around 4:30 and my house was SO clean!!! Thanks Z! He had his Phase 1 physical (getting paperwork and such ready to get out of the Army) in the morning and had left the house before I woke up to make it there by 7. He also went grocery shopping while I was at school - what a nice little hubby I have! :)

I was starving and exhausted when I made it through the door so I laid on the couch and relaxed, but eventually we left and went to the local roadhouse here, Santa Fe Cattle Company. As soon as we walked in I headed to the bar and grabbed a margarita (it was def. needed!). We were eating peanuts and waiting for our table, but since there was a long wait, and we had somewhere be, when they offered us a table in the bar seating we took it... The food was great and we paid our check and then headed to the car....

...we were going to a HIGH SCHOOL football game. lol. Zach had planned on going to one sometime throughout the season, and I had heard some teachers at school talking about it so we thought it would be fun to check out. We got there and let me tell you something - there were more people there than at a (2004) Ray's baseball game. INSANE! lol. We had to wait in a pretty long line for our tickets and decided to go for the pretty baby blue team and sit in the dollar extra "reserve" seats so we were away from all of the crazy "HS'ness" stuff. We actually had a pretty good time. I was falling asleep by half time though so we left after the show (our team was trailing 14-7). I think everyone in the town was there and the school spirit by both schools was fun to see. :) Reminded me of in the movies where Friday night football is like THE thing! Pretty cool!

Stands were full so people had to sit on the grass...

They actually play at the field at my school...
It was a nice night! :)

EHS vs. LHS... We were cheering for EHS!

We woke up around 9 this morning and Z made me french toast for breakfast - it was SO yummy! We plan on spending the day watching college football. My FSU 'Noles aren't on until Monday night, but at least I'll be able to watch a little bit of it before I go to bed... It is CRAZY that they play USF this season. Since I went to both schools I always cheer for them against the teams they're playing, but since for the first time ever they play each other - I'm going to have to go for the Noles!! Sorry Bulls! :) Zach's UGA Bulldogs play Oklahoma State today so we're thinking we'll definitely be able to watch that. I SO miss waking up and spending all day tailgating and then heading the game. My FSU days were pretty crazy... the school I'm at now doesn't even have a football team! (I guess that's why HS football is so popular around here).

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! (woooo hoooo!)

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment