Saturday, September 26, 2009

Is That Your Boyfriend?

Zach came to school yesterday to bring me lunch and hangout, and the first thing one of my students asked me was "is that your boyfriend?!". I let her know that he is my husband, not my boyfriend, and she replied with "weird!". My mentor teacher explained that it might be weird to her because most of the students just know of their parents having a boy/girlfriend not a husband/wife. Sad, but true!

The "BF" and I enjoying Moe's. :)

Anyway, once it was time for recess Z left and the same girl had another question. This time she asked if I had ever kissed him. I looked at her like she was crazy and said "no! of course not!". She quickly replied "THAT STINKS!". Lol. Third graders make me laugh... Another student asked me how long we had been married and I told him just over three years and they were ALL like WOW!! One of them even said that's like 300 days! And I explained how many days are actually in a year and did a little adding. Too funny!

Since the awful day Monday the rest of the week went really well. Zach was off Thurs/Fri so we went to Outback for dinner Thursday night. It had been THREE weeks since we went out to dinner so it was definitely needed. I am a little nervous about Monday though. I'm going to be COMPLETELY in charge because my mentor teacher is going to be out of town. There will be a sub in the room, but they are just going to sit alllll day. A day without the "real" teacher might lead to crazyyyyyyyness, but I'm going to do the best I can!

-Ashley

1 comment: