Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Checked Baggage

Sunday night Z and I stayed at the Marriott in the airport in order for him to be able to sleep in as long as possible... and for me to not have to wake up at the crack of dawn and drive him to his 7am flight! Well, things were going quite smoothly at 6am when our alarms went off, but by 2pm it seemed like our whole world had turned upside down! ...

It seems as though it isn't a good idea to check valuables into your unlocked luggage on a trip. Who knew the scum that was hired as "security" at airports?! Zach had packed our new camera (and bag, extra lens, charger, ETC) and after only 8 days our days with our "bad boy", were over. Someone actually opened the bag and and took out the camera bag filled with everything! Ughhh!!! Karma is a bitch (pardon my French, but whatever!) and I hope that whoever decided to give themselves an early Christmas present gets what is coming to them. The airlines are no help, but it looks like insurance will be of help...

No one was hurt, we all have our health, and it can be replaced.. for a monetary price! We learned a lesson the hard way, but it still sucks! I hope someone who reads this will also learn something valuable and will change the way they travel! I know we will... I may never check a bag again!

On a happier note... 2 more days until a 2 week vacation! and I'm going to "Ladies Night" tonight at the Melting Pot with my friends! and DISNEY WORLD on Friday night for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas *with 3 other couples*! Ha! 7th wheel much?!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment