Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas List

People have been starting to ask that famous December question: What do you want for Christmas?? ... Usually that is super hard for me because if I want something I really just go out and buy it, unless it's expensive, then I wouldn't ask for it because it is a lot of money! So. I started thinking about what I really want and I've narrowed it down to 7 different things...


This bad beauty right here. The Nikon D3100. Not pictured is the bag I will need for it, but I do want/need the lens too. Zach and I are thinking this will be a gift we get for eachother. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Okay, let me explain. In order to afford gift number 1 on my list we'd need a little bit of this, gift number 2. MONEY! Lol. For as long as I can remember my parents have been giving me money for Christmas so I can buy myself what I want. Impersonal? Yes. But does it make me happy? Very much so!
Uggs.
I've never owned a pair and I now live in Florida, but I love the brown ones. Size 7. No knock offs.
:)$$$$ to spend at Old Navy! I love their clothes... they fit great and it's not too expensive! I know, I know.. how impersonal! But my sizes are different everywhere so if I can shop for myself nothing has to get returned!
ANOTHER giftcard?! Mmmmmhmmmm! I can do some damage at Target.
Monogrammed letters for my car. I would like it in pink or blue. Font: Curlz.

This next item is something I've never had before, but I think it'd be fun to have one and experiment with different tastes on chicken and what not... A spice rack!! lol.


I thought about posting this last night, but didn't. I told myself I'd do it after work on Friday. Well, work is over and I posted it, but something happened to me today that really put things in perspective. I have a student whose mom was diagnosed with cancer last year. She has been through chemo and has had her ups and downs, but within the next day she will probably no longer be with us according to the doctor. The student is such a sweetheart.. he's one of my only boys that gives me a hug every day and always has a good attitude and smile on his face. He has a younger brother at the school and they were both picked up early by their dad today and were taken to the guidance counselor so she could talk to them. I didn't learn this until after school ended, but my heart breaks for him and his family. I can't imagine losing my mom - not now... and especially not at 9 years old! It literally brought me to tears knowing that he has to go through that and to make it even worse - around the holidays. It will be something he will have to go through every single year.
I really am sometimes selfish and greedy - I'll admit it, but this really opened my eyes to how blessed I am. I am surrounded by family and friends every year and sometimes we take the most important things in our lives forgranted. Like they will always be there... If I don't get one gift this year - as long as I'm with the ones I love the most - I'd really be okay. I have everything (and more) that I need...
I hope everyone has a great weekend. I have two Christmas parties tomorrow... looking forward to them both! :)
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment