Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree... *Number 1*

While Z and I were at Walmart a little over a week ago buying lights for our own tree.. we ran into the fake trees section and my mind started racing! How cool would it be to have a tree in the classroom!? Especially one pre-lit and ready to go after just placing the 3 sections together... I really wanted to multi-colored one, but inside all they had were white lights. The hubby came to the rescue and went outside to see their stock and voila! My classroom tree was in my buggy! We strolled outside again to continue our journey to find lights and I spotted ornaments. How can I have a classroom tree without some fun ornaments?! So... I thought about it again and saw a package of multi-colored ball ornaments that came qith 18 (I have 17 students and 1 me = 18!) PERFECT! I knew I'd write their name with a silver sharpie on it, decorate it after school, and watch them come in with wide eyes and looking for their very own ornament... and it's exactly what they did!

I loved watching them get excited and they loved knowing that they were apart of the tree! Zach also bought an ornament with a chalkboard on it that says "ABC" so I stuck that on the top and it really is just perfect! I haven't lit it yet because technically we're not allowed, but I think I might just have to during our holiday party on Friday! :)
The ornament Z found at Target...



I will have to blog about our first Christmas tree ever as a married couple shortly (ours is real!)! :) Two firsts for me this year!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment