Saturday, December 11, 2010

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad... Santa!?

Well, to be honest... I was afraid of Santa growing up, but not all Santas - just one in particular. The one who my mom put on top of the fireplace mantel every.single.year. and had crazy eyes. and awkwardly stared. I would be afraid to wake up before anyone else did during the Christmas season because he always seemed to be watching me and I just didn't like that he was so high up and kind of just ruled the house, I guess. Literally I'd run by the fireplace to make it to the kitchen to get breakfast if my parents weren't awake yet. I didn't tell anyone about this fear until a few years ago and my mom told me she would've taken it down if she had known that, but too late for that now!!
A few days ago Zach brought in a large bag and said he had gone Christmas shopping at a yard sale and found somethingt hat he thought I'd LOVE! ........ Yes, you guessed it, my mom has handed down that Santa and he's now living in my home. Thanks, mom! I haven't had any nightmares yet but it's still early! :)
Kahlua was a little uneasy at first...
Getting acquainted...
Lacey makes friends with everyone!
Kahlua prefers to eat them!
Is this not the scariest thing?!
Those dang eyes!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment