Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baking Hiatus!

Before I get into my bakingbreak I want to talk about SCHOOL! This week went really well!! On Monday I had the class in my own hands.. COMPLETELY! since my teacher was on her way home from her trip. The substitute showed up an hour after school had started, but didn't say a word to the class the whole time and to my surprise the day went AMAZING! I left with such a big smile on my face and the confidence boost I desperately needed! This group of students are not a piece of cake and to be able to control them just makes me so happy! lol. My mentor teacher showed up about 15mins after the day ended to stop by and see how things went and I could tell she was happy for me too. :) Wooo! The rest of the week I taught on and off, but next week I made EVERY single lesson and she'll have no part in anything for those five days... and I also have my last observation with this class - cross your fingers for me!

Okay, enough school stuff! The rest of my week was literally filled with BAKING! I baked TWO giant cupcakes for Holly (codyandhollythrasher.blogspot.com) - I don't know how to link it and I really don't feel like looking around for the right button, but you should visit her anyway - and 15 regular sizes cupcakes... and then I did another batch of cupcakes for a luncheon that was held at school on Thursday! Not to mention I have a giant cupcake to bake for someone at Z's work by tomorrow, but after that I think I'd be okay if I never saw another cake again! haha. It's fun to do, but it does take a lot of time and on Thursday night I was sent home with a blank lesson plan book that needed a full week of plans, and also two cakes/15 cupcales that needed decorating. I ended up burning half of the candy melts for one of the bottoms so Z took me up to a Wal-Mart that DIDN'T have any... so by then it was dinner time so we decided to stop and grab a bite to eat and then go to the other Wal-Mart (and let me tell you doing any shopping here by the base is INSANE on the 1st because it's every soldiers pay day so EVERYONE! is out). I eventually made it home (stressed to the max) after 8 to finish the cakes and start my lesson plans. Luckily I had most of my grading done, but I went to bed way late. Everything turned out great though! I was so happy Holly liked the cakes and I hope her guests do too!

****Happy Birthday LUKE!!!! Today is his party and I hope he has so much fun!!*****

I want to also make a shout-out to my AMAZING! husband who kept me from crying at one point - I was stressing myself out that bad - BUT he helped me out SO much and was such a trooper! He also cleaned the house on his first day off AND took the dogs to the vet to get their shots so I didn't have to go through the pain of watching them in pain (or see a needle) AND . I love him to pieces!

Z was having a BAD day on Monday so I called my dad and got his amazing chicken parm
recipe and surprised Z with a super yummy dinner! He really enjoyed it :)
Cupcake number 1!
I let them sit in the fridge for a few mins before I add the saran wrap so it doesn't stick!

Cupcake number 2!

All of Holly's cupcakes! :)


We got a NEW! fish on Thursday.
The class named "her" Sparkle yesterday...
Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a lot to do including catching up on TV shows, football, laundry, HW of course, and other random things!
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment