Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mass Texts!

So yesterday when I had a second to check my phone at school I noticed I had about 6 unread text messages! I went to the first one and it read "USF ALERT! Tampa Campus: Armed intruder on campus. Stay Inside. Lock Doors. Emergency Personnel Responding". Well, it seems to happen once every 2-3 months, and even though I'm two thousand miles away - I'm still notified because I don't know how to get my number off their list. Anyway, there were a few more texts saying the same thing about where the intruder was, but about different places until I got to a REALLY random one. I mean I had to laugh.. even though I was hoping everything was okay back at home. The fourth text read: White male subject seen in the Cooper Hall area in a black tank top, cowboy hat, carrying a black puppy, and a large hunting knife. What. The. Hell!? Really? Only in Tampa... I am hoping he wasn't planning on skinning that poor puppy.

Everyone on Facebook, of course, had something to say about it on their status... I guess everything ended up being okay because the last text I received later in the day was "all clear!". Someone mentioned they did arrest someone, but how freaking crazy!!!

In other news... my observation went great! She used words like "impressed!" and "amazing" to desrcibe my lesson plan and my instruction! The only negative thing was that I talk too loud... sooo I guess I'll have to work on my tone! LOL. I've always been loud, but I'm going to work on it!

Tonight it's breakfast for dinner night and that really excites me! We were supposed to have it last week, but Z didn't want to so I'm pretty much forcing it on him tonight since I made his favorite last night! Hehe.

-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. This is how you see every Oklahoma Redneck!! You Floridians get so worked up about nothing... LOL

    (((black tank top, cowboy hat, carrying a black puppy, and a large hunting knife)))

    ReplyDelete