Saturday, October 17, 2009

Reenlistment

Well, Zach is officially reenlisted! The next three years of his life will be spent in the Reserves. One weekend a month and two weeks in the summer he will have to attend trainings in St. Pete. The ceremony went really well and although he didn't get to go up in Chinook just yet, the First Sgt. that is in charge of the planes said for sure next week! That made him happy! He did get to go inside of it and ask a lot of questions about it. I learned a lot too... like it's the fastest hellicopter the Army has.

Anyway, a lot of his friends showed up from the jail and he had a lot of support. The commander of the jail, a retired Lieutenant Colonel, was the one who swore him in (I think that's what it's called) lol. He had a nice speech and thanked Zach for his service and reenlisting in a time of war, and even included thanking me for supporting Z! I am his number one fan and I know he'll be just fine, and it was nice to be included! :)

After the ceremony I was pretty hungry, but he wasn't, so I took advantage of Pizza Hut! lol. Z is not so much a fan of pizza because the sauce hurts his stomach, but he ate from the salad bar and now thinks it's funny to say we "celebrated" his reenlistment by taking me out to dinner! lol. He's so funny.

So proud of my soldier!!
Side of the Chinook
The whole gang! GO Z!
Shaking hands with the commander!
"I ZAS do solemnly swear..."
The pictures loaded backwards, but there they are! Here's to 3 more years as a "military family!"
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment