Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Haunted Castle

Zach and I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon to get some propane for our grill... (Yes, Hank Hill would be so pleased!) lol. While we were there we, well I, spotted a "Haunted Castle Cookie Kit". It looked just like a gingerbread house kit that you'd see around Christmas time and I wanted it... So of course we bought it! hehe. After lunch, a few Xbox football games, a little begging and the promise of a foot massage for Z afterwards we went to town! We followed the directions, but our attempt looks just like a 5 year olds would! haha. It said to put the "walls" up first, and that made decorating it hard! Everything kept drooping because it wasn't dry yet and the candy balls kept falling off... dang you gravity! We had a good time doing it though and just might snack on it later for dessert!

The supplies!
What a mess!
Z "erecting" the walls.
Black icing isn't kid/Ashley friendly! haha.

The final product. Take a look at our sad, sad windows and my black teeth from the icing!
(... and I thought maybe wearing my Bucs jersey today would bring them a W... but no such luck!)

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment