Saturday, October 31, 2009

The a"MAZE"ing Corn Maze!

This whole month I have been asking Zach to take me to a corn maze I found online about 45ish minutes away. He kept saying "when Scott gets here we can go if he wants to". (Scott flew in from ATL Friday morning and is going to drive with Z back to ATL with the dogs and Z's car... then Z is going to go to Tampa and drop off some stuff, the dogs, and his car, and then fly back to OK. He's going to be gone for TWO weeks. I know I'm going to be SO miserable without him and the pups, but that's a whole different post!) Anyway... I figured Z would talk Scott out of going and I'd never get to go. They don't have corn in Florida - so this was my last chance! Scott was a good sport about it though and when I got home from school at about 5 last night, we left the house and started our long car ride! We thought we had gotten lost at one point on the way there, but we made it!

The maze was a lot of fun and they, thankfully, gave us maps! When we were paying there was a little dog standing next to us and he ended up walking with us through about 75% of the maze. He was so cute, and actually smelled really good - lol. Scott and I were pretty surprised granted that he lived on a farm and was probably outside most of the time. He would weave in and out of the corn and pop up randomly as we walked through it. Z named him Paco and we'd whistle for him, or call him and he'd come back to us. It made for a few laughs. We only ended up getting turned around like once or twice, thanks to the boys navigating us! :) There was a number on the paper in case we got lost! lol. If it was just me and my girlfriends.. we would've been in BIG trouble! haha. It took us 30 minutes to get through. We were going to go do another one (there were three different entrances), but it was starting to get dark and it had rained a LOT the day before so it was super muddy so we called it a night!

Getting excited!!


A & Z walking through!


Scott, Z, and Paco! haha.

The sun was starting to set.. was a really pretty sky!

We made it to the end!

Thanks boys for taking me and getting me through it in one piece!!
... and Happy Halloween everyone! We bought some candy and I'm looking forward to having the boys help me pass it out! :)
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment