Sunday, November 1, 2009

Les Miserable(s)

I am "The Miserable" one this morning. Zach, Scott, Lace, and Lua left at 4am this morning to make it to Georgia tonight. I can imagine the dogs aren't too thrilled about the long car ride, but they are on some medication to calm them down/put them to sleep. Lace isn't a good car rider because it makes her nervous and she pants heavily and walks back and forth from the front to the back of the car the whole time (pretty annoying!)... and Lua gets car sick. I'm kinda glad I'm not there for the 15 hour drive, but I would rather be with them then here! It's so weird not having a dog follow me around the house, and it's so dang quiet.. too quiet actually! It has only been about 4 hours since I woke up, but I'm already feeling the loneliness! Zach won't be back for two weeks. Thankfully during the week I'll be busy at school, but eating dinner alone every night and going to bed alone will NOT be fun! I have no family/friends that I could invite over so I guess I'll just throw myself a pity party until the 15th rolls around. Sigh. lol.

Anyway, second grade has been going pretty well! My teacher is SUPER organized and the class is SO structured. I am enjoying myself though! Friday we had a Halloween/Fall ice cream party and it was a lot of fun for the students. They had so much to eat and got a lot of goodies! I started doing a few things throughout the day, and math. This next week I'll do math and a few little things... and then on Friday I start taking over reading. My next two final observations are already scheduled. One on Tues the 3rd, and then another one Tues. the 10th. Hopefully they will go well. I'll be doing a lesson on ordinal numbers for the first one and I have a fun activity planned for that. I'm going to be heading up to the library in a few hours when it opens because I have a reflection to write and print for the week, the formal lesson plan to write for the observation, and another assignment due for class tomorrow. Then I need to run to Wal-Mart because we have zero food, as usual and Zach said I could buy a book! I FINALLY finished reading Firefly Lane a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it! At least that will keep me busy at night/next weekend...

Well, I'm done being Debbie Downer! lol. :) I guess I'll go eat lunch and find something productive to do!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment