Thursday, November 12, 2009

Funny Moments in School - Part 1

I decided to start documenting all of the funny things my students say/do because I know one day I'll want to look back and remember... and not have a clue! Why not share with the whole world!? lol. Second graders are AMAZING!!

Anyway, today THREE things happened that made me laugh a little too much. The first one happened right before lunch. I haven't taken over Science class yet, but they have been doing a unit on the human body so my teacher went to the library to check out a bunch of different books to have for them to look at... A boy in the back row of desks was reading "The Body Atlas" book upside down. "N, do you know how I know that you're not reading?" I asked and he replied "I'm not reading - I'm just looking at the pictures." I had him turn the book around so I could see what he was so interested in and he quickly turned it around to show me. The whole class looked and it was a drawing of a baby in the womb. A boy in the front row yelled out "that's the heart!!" and another boy yelled "no it's not! there's a baby in there - that's the stomach!". Cracked me up!!

Laugh number two happened with the same student (and same book). N looked at the book a little longer and as we were lining up to lunch he walked up to me, pretty excited, and said "Look Mrs. S! We've been learning about this - it's the inTESTInes!" I looked down and saw the word TESTIS written real big right next to a picture of the whole male genitalia region. I smiled and said "Yep, you're absolutely right... now give me the book so we can go to lunch!". Needless to say.. that one is going back to the library! haha.


The INtestiNES! :) lol.

Let me just tell you how much fun I had googling "testis" for a visual for you! :)
The last one I didn't mean to laugh at, but I couldn't help it. The same girl who told me her eyes were slippery told my mentor teacher and I today that her grandmother would be having surgery soon. My teacher asked her what kind of surgery and she told us "she's having surgery on her heart... they are taking it out." Now I know heart surgery is no laughing matter, but I just could not help but put my head down and chuckle/"cough" at the thought of her thinking that was the whole procedure. I hope those doctors know what they're doing to D's poor grandma! Mrs. H told her that her grandma couldn't have her heart, but that she hoped it went well for her.
Bye, bye heart!

Kids say the darndest things and they truly bring so much happiness into my life! :)


-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment