Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mexican Date Night!

Zach and I have been married for only three years, but we've been together for almost 7... and yes, I do have a point with this random information! lol. Last night was our FIRST time EVER in our almost 7 year relationship to get Mexican food (minus Moe's) out to eat by ourselves, like just the two of us on a date! I kid you not!! Now, we've been to Mexican together with his family before - they are all Mexican food lovers - but Z could really take it or leave it! When he picked me up from school yesterday afternoon I mentioned I really wanted Mexican food and as we were getting ready to decide what/where to eat later that night he mentioned a local favorite called Los Tres Amigos. I was so happy! I couldn't wait to load up on chips/queso/salsa.. and have a LARGE margarita! :)

It was so good! I got "The Lawton Dinner" which included 2 chicken enchiladas, one beef taco, some rice, and some beans... and of course we shared two baskets of the complimentary chips/salsa/queso, and each enjoyed the free cinnamon/sugar dessert baked good at the end. lol. I was pretty buzzed/full/happy on the car ride home. Hehe! He got two cheese enchiladas/rice/beans/etc. We both thought it was pretty good and I was rather surprised at how cheap our final bill was! It was no Outback or Chili's bill - that's for sure! lol. I do hope he will take me again soon, but if not it's Christmas with his family this year so I'm sure we'll do a "Mexican restaurant" at some point! :)




We also had planned on seeing The Blind Side, but we stopped before dinner to get our tickets (2hrs prior) and it was already sold out. I blame it on New Moon being sold out and everyone not having any other options! lol. We might try again this afternoon if Z is feeling up to it. He left this morning at 4am to get cough medicine from Wal-greens because he just couldn't stop! :( I have really bad cramps this morning and my throat is pretty sore as well. I hope this will all pass soon because we don't have time to be sick!

HAPPY WEEEEEKEND!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment