Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tis The Season...

... to give! Around here we have been very giving, especially Zach! I woke up this morning to my alarm at 6:15. I couldn't breathe, I was freezing under 3 millions blankets, coughing, and had the worst headache ever! Zach asked me if I was going to school and of course my answer was yes! I don't ever miss school - I'm known for being afraid to call in to anything or not show up for classes, but I took my temp and it was almost 101. Nothing too crazy, but enough for me to say I'm not going! I made the calls in my head a few times before I dialed each of the numbers: 1 to my mentor teacher, 1 to my supervisor, and 1 to my school. They were all very sympathetic and were okay with the fact I was staying home. My mentor teacher is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met. She invited Z and I over for Thanksgiving dinner and she has showered me with many little gifts/ideas/compliments throughout the semester and she is just SO caring. I feel very blessed to have someone like her to turn to for help. (and no, she doesn't read this blog! lol). My supervisor knew I must've been sick to miss a fun day like "Party Day". We were going to have ice cream today and play (educational) games and it was going to be fun! Sadness.

I ended up taking two pretty long naps and a couple of doses of Tylenol. Right now everything feels okay except for my pounding head! Ughh. Anyway, thanks Z for your generous gift - I owe ya one! :)

Hoping I get better soon so I can enjoy the next FIVE days off!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment