Sunday, August 30, 2009

And they're off!

I took a nap last night at like 5pm and Ashley woke me up at 7 and asked me if I wanted to go the races with our 40yo virgin friend Vander Molen! Okay so he isnt 40 but he very well might be the 40yo virgin.. I think it is funny. I was able to negotiate a 7 min massage out of getting up to go. I have never been to anykind of racetrack and here in Lawton we have a dirt track. It had a pretty intense start to it. Our seats were very close to the track and the engines roaring added to the intensity. Vander Molen is from Iowa and knew just about everything there was to know about the racing. There were several different classes of racing to include modifieds, stock-modifieds, and sprint car series. I learned alot being there and might even go again sometime. Next Saturday night is the Lawton Speedway championships so who knows. I will let Ashley continue this post.

Sechrist Out~

No comments:

Post a Comment