Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Currently Reading... Part 2!

I decided to pick up another book at Wal-Mart the other day since I went through TTTW so quickly last week. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but I came across one that looked interesting and it was in the "best-seller" collection so I figured it had to at least be decent. It's called Firefly Lane and so far, so good. I'm only about 35 pages in, but unfortunately until December I'm going to have little time to relax and read for fun!

http://ebooks-imgs.connect.com/ebooks/product/400/000/000/000/000/080/265/400000000000000080265_s4.jpg

Today was a pretty good day! I did a workshop at school bright and early this morning and during that time I got THE call. The call to let me know my contacts had finally arrived at the eye place. Woo hoo! I went and picked them up on my lunch break and stopped at home to make a quick turkey wrap for lunch and put them in! It was so nice to be able to wear sunglasses again and not have to worry about finger prints appearing on my lenses...

The second half of the day went pretty fast. I got to sit in on a meeting with "first year teachers" and their "mentor teachers". I have a feeling I'll be hearing this whole conversation again in a year... I hope! :) After that I helped my teacher with minor things around the classroom and helped plan what activities we were going to do on Friday with the kids. Her hubby brought us in a goldfish and a cool aquarium for him/her/it to live in. We are going to do a "Name the Fish" activity on the first day! I'm excited to hear what the students come up with - LOL.

I have to be at a different elementary school by 8 tomorrow morning for another workshop... and I will be at my school until 6pm tomorrow night because they have a "Popsicle Party" where the students will come find their classroom, meet their teacher, bring in supplies, and it ends with popsicles outside (where I come from this is called an Open House)! Wish me luck - I can't wait to meet the kiddies!


..PS! Happy Birthday to my big brother!! He turns 29 today (old man!)... Love you Justin!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment