Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hiking Elk Mountain

Last night I told Z "If you love me you'll take the pups to the park with me in the morning..." and he LOVES ME! lol. We woke up and I decided to make him breakfast in bed (totally needed to butter him up!) and after he showered and shaved his head he decided it was time to go. On the way there poor Lua threw up right as we were making the last turn... Luckily, we know to prepare for this because she gets car sick often so it made it on the towel and not Zach's car! The weather was PERFECT! It was 85 out, with a few fluffy clouds, and a super nice breeze. We had been on this trail once before and really liked it so decided to go on it again. The refuge has soo many to choose from and after we failed last time picking one with no shade we didn't want to take any chances. This trail is actually up a mountain so it was quite the work out! It got pretty steep at some points and the dogs (and the hubby and I) eventually were out of breath. lol.
A cute deer just hanging out!



Zach and Kahlua walking through a canopy of trees. It was pretty!

Took time for an "us" shot!
Beautiful sky!
On the way up... we had gone pretty far!
Z and his baby girl! :)
Z and his baby girl right now! LOL. They are both soo sleepy.
(It's dark in here and this shot was from the laptop camera!)


It was a fun afternoon... and cheap too! (only had to pay for the gas to get there and all the water we consumed). I think I'm going to the "races" tonight. Zach's friend came over a few weeks ago to watch them and I told him I'd be interested in going one Saturday night and he invited me out since no on else would go with him! lol. It's only 10 bucks a ticket, but it starts at 8:30. That's almost my bedtime these days... haha. I'm trying to get Z to go with us, but we shall see. Maybe all it will take is a little "if you love me" and dinner in bed?! LOL.

-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. That area looks very pretty! I've never been to oklahoma but my husband did some training there.

    ReplyDelete