Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pointless Post!

I figured after having to "restart" the blog... a mini make-over would be nice! I can't stand looking at the same thing over and over again so it was time anyway... even though it had only been like 3 weeks! lol.

Saturday was another fun day with Zach! We eventually rolled out of bed and made it to Firestone to pick up Zach's car. We went to lunch and then did a little grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. We then hung out at the house for a little bit and Zach played Xbox while I baked some cupcakes for him to take to work (pic below!). I was going to go see The Time Traveler's Wife by myself that night, but Z was a trooper and went with me! I finished the book that morning and was ready to go see it! Of course the book was a lot better and had so much more information, but the movie followed it pretty well and it was good!

We got back home and Zach went to bed soon after because he worked this morning, but I stayed up because one of his friends came over to watch a few "Sprint Car" races on the big screen. I had never heard of them, but it was pretty cool and he was super knowledgeable so I ended up learning a lot about it!

Tomorrow night I have a "Mentor Training" meeting at the university and I get to meet the first teaching I'll be interning with! She is a 4th grade teacher and actually teaches a few classes at Cameron, or so I've heard, I never had her. The people who know her said she is really nice and good at what she does - so that is always nice to hear. :)

I found this recipe on a blog I randomly came across. It's a cupcake that supposed to look like a watermelon.. how cute is it?! I think the coloring looks better in person, but you get the point! Check out Kahlua in the background... lol :) I got a text from Zach's boss Aaron this morning saying he really enjoyed it... but I knew he would! :)


-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. hi! thanks for visiting my blog! as soon as i saw the name of yours, i knew i had to come visit! my brother's name is Zachary- so it's always been "ashley and zachary this, ashley and zachary that.." i love it! :) looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete