Sunday, August 16, 2009

Refuge Adventures...

Sunday afternoon, just after I beat Zach in a game of MLB '09 on the Xbox360, he told me to "get dressed". I, of course, asked "where are we going?". He responded by asking me if "I wanted to take the dogs to the park." This offer doesn't come around every day, so I quickly got up and started to look for some comfy trail walking clothes (T-shirt and shorts, of course). He got the car loaded up with waters and water bowls and the dogs... and me eventually. Kahlua is not a big fan of the car. She often gets car sick so I sat in the back of the Explorer with her to calm her nerves. Lacey, on the other hand, loves car rides... as long as it's shorter than a 30min trip! She will go back and forth from the front seat, to the back, to the front, etc. Anyway, we eventually made it to the park. This park is a refuge and actually has free roaming buffalo and longhorn everywhere... along with it's own "prairie dog town" it's pretty neat!

So... We drove around looking for a trail and found a spot that had two paths leading in different directions. The first trail looked nice and shaded so we decided to take that one, but it ended up being pretty short so we turned around and went on the other one. This one had barely ANY shade, and it was 100 degrees out. The dogs were panting like crazy and drinking at every chance they had. At one point Lacey and her beagle nose got a cactus pine stuck on her cheek and she was not a fan! I never have to "pull" her along on walks, but she just wasn't having it. We eventually had to turn around and head back to the car. Although it was a short trip to the park, it was fun to get out and go!


The pups and I on the shaded trail!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjO6Nb3UrAj1FhJKxO5ei-XmIMORfyFUN4T3UDdOARN8dNi7E_eKtlzDPWqZsrlhFjkS6pT10MJcWgLLDZI_zBgnUWR6OAo3gFZy4tSggxcTGL8d9lcnFAYhGBf_eHhazSePsE7Lq-TeUY/s1600-h/DSC00978-1.jpg
This is like Where's Waldo? Kahlua style... lol
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEghxfVtzzUIMl8wBKLG0DfnTFac2mTa3E_PBypP3vZa9s2SgQoVOMAtLjT7j6j-QDlK8F_OGzuuGeeXsdwqtVbqqJXUKjklCYm8E7tG_M83tRGGe8crmIspyfnorxIfzZ0fpJAx8Ch2ais/s1600-h/DSC00982-1.jpg
Zach and I with our dogters... notice ZERO shade on this one!
(There was a buffalo hangning out not too far away!)
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjn86EIzkhhV3qkP4DqlCWuIV0yQ7UhzspQQdJMpNKyfV9G6KNxLNmxzz-V9CxEbMyaRN_XcyRgXSBw6vTueGyzceKyRlZt37EZo1vF6HnUL0YXBBbhKOYWAus_YVBFAVRpGwYzmoh9gOQ/s1600-h/DSC00980-1.jpg
On the way home... hot and tired!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj2IU8KQuRTZzHKnCIE4wVhuM56tyyh52OIuo3esIsFgsg3M-JwG_7btd5EO3LUPH-1PghE3oRSal_rlkK_urd-8JX_-gb05D5bhEWSR2aAoaFDdtlLMYSKhXiMSis8nk60vM7SPd-5m5E/s1600-h/DSC00989-1.jpg


I thought I'd add on to the first sentence from this post. Zach always beats me by at least 15 runs in that game.. although I am getting better. This game, however, I beat him by 15 runs, but I guess I should say the only reason why this really happened was because I was playing as a MAJOR league team and he was playing as a MINOR league team. Either way, it's a W in my book!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment