Sunday, August 16, 2009

I LOVE Surprises!!

To begin with, I just have to say it takes A LOT! to surprise me. I'm a snoop and I like to pretend I'm Sherlock Holmes! LOL. I am not afraid to admit it... hehe. Anyway, on Friday morning I woke up at about 8 ... and to my surprise Z was in bed! He had told me all week he worked 5 and 2 - meaning he'd have Sat/Sun off again, but he lied! We got out of bed soon after, showered, and went and dropped his car off at the shop to get his brakes fixed. Then we went to Verizon because he had to exchange his phone, and THEN we were finally off to where ever he was taking me.... We drove through a park and I thought maybe we were going to go hiking or something, I was wrong! Eventually we ended up in Oklahoma City, but he took the LONG way to confuse me! He didn't think it would be as out of the way as it ended up being, but it's okay. We enjoyed each others company in the long car ride.

We passed wind mills...

... and went through many small town's "downtowns"!

When we finally ended up in OKC the first stop we did was at the OKC Redhawks stadium. Z got out and bought our tickets for the night's minor league baseball game! :) I was really wanting to go and had been talking about going all week... Then he took me to the mall and just kind of let me loose! I went shoppppping!!! I can't remember the last time I went clothes shopping and picked up more than a random piece here and there. I ended up getting 6 tops and 4 bottoms! All will be able to be worn for my internship this semester. New York and Company had a buy a pair of pants.. get one free - so I only paid for 1 of the bottoms I got from there - SCORE! I love sales!! :) We left the mall and went to Old Navy. It was in a shopping complex across the street. For those of you who don't know - Old Navy is my FAVORITE!! I was so happy and Zach was being so cooperative! He didn't complain once and since we had about 2 hours before the 7pm game he had one more surprise for me...

I had painted my nails in the car on the way up and the roads weren't the smoothest. My nails were looking rough, but I didn't have any remover. It didn't matter though because he took me to get my nails done! He rolled up a chair next to me and sat through it and kept me company. I haven't had my nails done in over 3 years (last time was for my wedding). The whole afternoon was about me ... and who wouldn't like that? I felt to spoiled and adored! Thanks ZACH!!!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment