Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Big BOOMS and Giant Cupcakes!

Although living on a military post has its perks... like living in a big gated community (lol), there are definitely things that I could live without some mornings! Our particular post is known for it's artillery, and therefore it's like one big range with rounds going from one side to the other. I wake up to a shaking house and big booms often. At first it would really scare me, but I guess I've gotten used to it. Most of the time it just sounds like thunder, but sometimes it sounds like an attack, and that's never fun! :) At least the dogs no longer bark or wake up to it because they'd go crazy at least once a week. Anyway, in a few months these sounds will no longer exist in my life... and I might just miss them! Good thing FL is known as "the lightning capital of the world" (and we all know where there is lightning... there is booming thunder!).

Anyway, yesterday I had my student teaching seminar back at the university. Every other student teacher had to be there 9-12 and 1-4, but since I took Classroom Management at USF I only have to go for 3 hours. (wooo hoo!) Yesterday seminar was 9-12, but today it's 1-4 so I "slept in" until 8:30... After I got back from seminar yesterday I spent hours, literally, in the kitchen! I was baking and coooking dinner and baking some more... first up was another giant cupcake! It's Aaron's birthday so I decided to make him one since he thought Zach's was so cool! I'll take it in to him in few hours. I went with a chocolate bottom and a funfetti top! AND I found a really cool idea for the bottom at http://ohsugarcakes.blogspot.com/2009/03/candy-liner-for-giant-cupcake.html. I melted candy to the pan and it molded and worked out so nicely! I ended up having to cut the bottom more than I wanted to so it would fit in, but it looks great for my first time (I think!) It's in the fridge right now because I'm afraid of it melting, but hopefully it can make it to the jail in one piece....


Final product!!

Well, that wraps up my life the past 2 days... the rest of this week will be relaxed, then it's back to third grade for 6 weeks! Eventually I will be "totally teaching"! Ahh. My lessons, my management, my everything!!

-Ashley

3 comments:

  1. wow thats a big cupcake! I've seen those before and I've always wanted to make one but my oldest is allergic to eggs so his version of cake doesnt rise well enough. But it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, that cupcake looks delicious!! Hope your student teaching has been going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my son wants me to buy the giant cupcake maker! they look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete