Friday, August 28, 2009

What the heck is Farmville?!

Happy Friday everyone!! This week was pretty relaxed for me, but crazy busy for Z! Poor thing worked 6 days in a row... 13 hours a day times 6 days = 78 hour work week. I really don't know how he does it! It's going to be so crazy for him when he finds a job after he gets out in December and he only has to work about half of that! (and if he does work more.. that's overtime - which we all know there is no such thing in the Army!!). Next week it will be back to going to bed at 9 for me... Oh ya, yesterday I signed up for the last test I need to take to get licensed to teach. 185$ later. Sigh! Don't they know students are BROKE?! Especially when I took one test in FL and 2 here already.. which means I've paid that price 4 times. Ickkkk! Also, today I met the lady who will be "grading" my teaching in the schools. She's a retired principal and seems pretty scary. LOL!!

Anyway, this week I started playing "Farmville" on Facebook... and it's SO addicting! For the past few weeks Farmville notifications have been EVERYWHERE on my newsfeed! "So and so won an award..." or "so and so just adopted a black sheep", etc. I had no idea what this meant, or what the game was, but after talking to Cheryl (a good friend of mine) I decided to start my own farm. I mean I DO live in Oklahoma now so I guess "when in Rome..."! haha. In the game you have your own farm and you start out with a few squares of plowed land. You have to plant seeds (strawberries, cotton, squash, etc.) and depending on what crop you plant, the length it takes to grow varies... and when they do grow you harvest them for more coins. There are also trees you plant and animals you keep watch of and make money that way. You also earn points to advance to the next level, which unlocks new animals, trees, seeds, decorations, and buildings. It sounds absolutely ridic, but it's actually pretty fun! lol. Zach started his farm 2 nights ago and we're neighbors now! haha.

This is me... in the middle of some wheat that needs harvesting!
I wish I had a picture of Z's bald avatar.. it's so funny and SO him.(...and yes, you totally have to wear overalls in this game!)
Thankfully Zach is off this weekend... no plans though! After getting his brakes fixed, my shopping spree/our trip to OKC, my haircut, and registering for my test we're officially broke until the first! Tuesday can't get here fast enough!!
Enjoy your weekend everyone!
-Ashley

1 comment: