Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My First Day as a Student Teacher!

http://www.wowowow.com/files/imagecache/slide/2008_1003_shutterstock_apple_teacher.jpg

Today was the first day back for teachers here in Lawton and being that I'm a student TEACHER I had to go too! I met my mentor teacher last night at a "Mentor Training" (we sat around and talked and ate pizza) and found out I'm actually going to be in third grade for the first half of the semester, not 4th like I orignally thought. She has been teaching for quite some time and seems to know everything - which is great! I have so much to learn and she seems excited to help me get going. I got there around 8:10, but I didn't actually have to be there until 8:30 so tomorrow I can get a few extra minutes of sleep in! lol. I grabbed a banana from the continental breakfast they had and found my seat. We (as in everyone in the school, minus the office staff/janitors) spent the first half of the day in my teacher's classroom. We did introductions and played a name game that was a little embarrassing, but fun nonetheless! The next 2 1/2 hours were spent looking at the intermediate's previous year test scores and coming up with ideas/ways to improve them this coming year. Then we had a lunch break that consisted of beef tacos and nachos - yum! We left the school for a 3 hour workshop on "Curricular Mapping". I was bored to tears, but actually helped some of the older teachers learn to copy/paste and do other basic computer skills! lol. Anyway, I was able to leave when we got back to the school while the rest of the teachers had to stay another 30mins! hehe. :) My 8-4 day was pretty tiring, but I'm excited to see what tomorrow and the rest of the week will bring!

... and I'm totally excited we have TWO! followers now! lol. :)

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment