Sunday, August 16, 2009

This Ain't My First Rodeo... Oh Wait, Yes It Is!

We've gone country!!! Lol. The rodeo ended up being A LOT of fun... just as I suspected! Aaron and Bonnie picked us up and we met Tim and Brandy for dinner at a little, local Italian joint called Luigi's. Zach had eaten there a few times while on midnight shift at work, but it was a first for me. It was pretty good... I got the baked ziti and Z shared a pizza with Aaron. After we left we dropped off Bonnie's son we headed to the rodeo (with Brandy and Tim)! The arena was outside and the sun-facing side was filled with basic training/AIT soldiers. Z and Aaron joked about how "back in their day" they would never have been allowed to do anything fun like that. (It seems as though the Army has somewhat recently made basic training a breeze so more people will join because the thought of basic isn't a horror story like before). Anyway, we got to see the "bucking broncos" and the barrel racing and some crazy pin the calf down and tie it up event (that I was totally against!). We didn't catch the bull riding, but afterwords we left and went to Scooters to have a few drinks. I love trying out new things!

Zach and I!

Old man with overalls = happiness!

A REAL rodeo clown!

Barrel Racing!

At Scooter's
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment